As part of the Presiding Bishop's call for all Episcopalians to live by a rule of life he has called The Way of Love, each week there will be resources posted here to help you on your spiritual journey. This week's resources help you understand just what is a Rule of Life!
Many of these resources are perfect to use to get together small groups to study and reflect! I hope and encourage you to take advantage of them. I also encourage you to form groups to study and discuss any item! If you do, please let me know so that we can list the group in case anyone else wants to join!
Clicking on book titles will bring you to our Amazon Based shop, purchases made through our links benefit St. Anne's!
About the Way of Love
About Rules of Life
- Seeking God: The Way of St. Benedict - Esther deWaal’s introduction to Benedictine life for lay people is regarded as one of the best. Age: Adult
- Note to Self: Creating Your Guide to a More Spiritual Life - Charles LaFond, A gracious introduction to crafting your own rule of life. Age: Young Adult / Adult
- My Faith, My Life - Jenifer Gamber, A guide for teens (or anyone) taking the step toward integrating faith and life. Age: Youth/Young Adult
- Soul Feast: An Invitation to Christian Spiritual Life - Marjorie Thompson, helps readers to understand spiritual disciplines and to develop them in the context of daily life, including by developing a rule of life. Age: Adult
- Episcopal/Anglican Religious Orders and Communities An updated list of religious orders and monastic and faith communities, most of which live by a Rule of Life and many of which offer ways for non-monastics to join in their journey
- Growing a Rule of Life - Adadpted for Children - Society of St. John the Evangelist and Center for the Ministry of Teaching at Virginia Theological Seminary. Two resources that introduce the practice of developing a Rule of Life - no matter your age.
- The Restoration Project - Christopher Martin and St. Paul's offer this renewal project for anyone passionate about growing in Christ via the Benedictine way. Rule is included. Discipleship groups are encouraged.
- Practicing Our Faith - Dorothy C. Bass, et. al. Useful and comprehensive site, especially for the downloadable articles.
- Building Faith - Center for the Ministry of Teaching at Virginia Theological Seminary Articles and resources related to faith formation.
- Grow Christians - Forward Movement. A host of resources and tools for practicing faith at home.